Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm thankful for being rescued

It's been a week since I was pulled out of that scary construction dumpster in the 9th Ward. 



The people who saved me say that I wouldn't have lasted much longer there.  I'm not really sure why I was thrown away, but the lady who pulled me out says it's because I'm kind of a wussy.  I'd rather give kisses than fight with anyone, so I wasn't very useful to my old owners.  

After I got out of the dumpster, I met a nice man who has written books about homeless dogs.  He also has a group that helps owners take better care of their pets and makes sure dogs like me find good homes.  We were fast friends. 



I was trying to be REAL cute for everyone so they would take me home.  I didn't want to go to shelter, because I can't give enough kisses there.  

How do you think I did?  

I must have done something right because they brought me to a house!  And then, I got to go on the NEWS with the nice man who helps dogs like me.  




He was talking about a calendar called "The Pit Bulls of New Orleans".  It has lots of pictures of other dogs who The Sula Foundation has helped.  He said that next year, I may be able to be in the calendar so everyone can see how well I'm doing!  

After I was on the news, they brought me to the vet.  This wasn't very fun, but I was just happy to be out of that dumpster.  I was actually in pretty good shape, just really skinny.  



Oh, and they looked at my leg that's always hurting me.  They said it's hyper-extended or something.  That's why it hurts so bad when I walk and I can't run anymore.  I'm starting to feel much better and my parents say I'm gaining weight.  But my leg still hurts and I can't chase squirrels when they come into the yard.  I really want to because I'm feeling better, but I can't.  

We don't know if I can have the surgery yet.  It costs a lot of money.  I hope we can because I deserve to run.  I've earned it.  

-Villere 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment